Play Soccer at Any Age - Get Excellent Cardiovascular Conditioning

It is true, you can play soccer at any age and I don't care if you are an awesome player or just want to stay in great shape and have excellent cardiovascular conditioning. I love the sport since I played it all my life. I was born in South America and soccer or futbol (in Spanish) is the biggest sport around.

Just now I realize the benefits of playing, I'm probably in the best shape of my life thanks to soccer. I'm what is call the typical weekend warrior that plays between 2 or even 3 games on weekends!!

Mondays is a different story though, as I pay the price with soreness all over my body thanks to all the running during the games... It is a great feeling knowing how good of a workout you had.

Just go to your local community park or city hall and find out if they have any programs that will suit your schedule. If nothing is available in your city I'm sure there will be something close by. There are many options to pick from, like divisions by ages or even coed teams (men and women in a team).

If you never play the game, it is very simple to learn, there are simple basic rules that you must follow but nothing complicated like in football.. if you know what I mean.

Most of people complain how boring it is to exercise, especially when it comes to cardio, and this is the main reason I suggest playing soccer. It is so much fun you don't even realize how much you are running and how many calories you burn on a single game.

Believe me when I say that you can play soccer at any age, I'm in my forties now and with friends that never play before joining me, we look forward to stay in great shape as well as our future games.

Your heart, lungs and every muscle in your body will thank you for the exercise you are giving them, not to mention your brain, which will release stress as you enjoy the moment on the field... Trust me my friend it's an awesome feeling.

I also believe the facts of exercising goes well beyond physical benefits. Life seems to be better when you do something for yourself and take care of your body.

Also consider a decent diet which to me is "eat everything you want... just don't abuse it"

Good luck to you in your new quest and remember any physical activity is better than none. I just happen to love soccer.

Playing soccer at any age is the beginning of a series of articles I will write offering advise and tips about the sport as well as how you will benefit from it.


Original article

No comments:

Blog Archive